Ms. Márquez Morales is a member of the firm. She is a litigator and represents clients as national, regional, local and trial counsel in all phases of complex liability litigation through trial, including but not limited to insurance coverage, toxic tort, product liability, environmental, construction defects and accidents, property damage losses, commercial litigation, electronic discovery, bankruptcy, medical malpractice, labor law disputes and other related matters. Representative clients include owners/property managers in actions filed by thousands of rescue and recovery workers who allegedly developed respiratory illnesses as a result of exposure to nanoparticles, heavy metals, asbestos, dusts, fuel oil and other toxins at and around Ground Zero. World Trade Center Disaster Site Litigation (S.D.N.Y. Dockets 21-MC-100, 102, 103), manufacturers of diethylstilbestrol in the DES reproductive and breast cancer litigation, a neutraceutical manufacturer in the ephedra litigation and three medical device manufacturers in the infusion pain pump litigation.
Ms. Márquez Morales has extensive discovery, deposition, motion and mediation experience, including the preparation and defense of corporate executives, physicians, manufacturers and property owners/managers. She also has extensive experience in managing pre-litigation issues on behalf of environmental and construction companies. Ms. Márquez Morales practices in the Mass Torts and Industry-Wide Litigation and Product Liability and Comprehensive General Liability Practice Groups and serves on the Medical and Life Sciences Industry Team.
Professional & Community Activities
Ms. Márquez Morales is Vice Chair of the national Defense Research Institute’s Diversity Committee. She previously served as Chair of DRI’s Diversity Seminar (2011), Vice Chair of DRI's Diversity Seminar’s Corporate Expo (2010) and Vice Chair of Diversity Publications (2010). She is also on the DRI Membership Committee.
Ms. Márquez Morales serves on the Board of Governors for the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA). She is the National Secretary for the HNBA and serves as a Deputy President for Region II of the Hispanic National Bar Association. Ms. Márquez Morales is a Past President of the Puerto Rican Bar Association and currently serves on the Board of Directors. She previously served the PRBA as Chair of the Women’s Committee, Recording Secretary, and Chair of the Young Lawyers Committee. Ms. Márquez Morales testified on behalf of the PRBA before the New York City Council in support of their resolution endorsing the nomination of the Honorable Sonia Sotomayor as Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
Ms. Márquez Morales’ professional and personal accomplishments have earned her numerous recognitions and honors, including the 2014 Leadership and Public Service Award, NYPD Hispanic Society, Dominican Officer's Association, National Latino Officers Association of America; the 2014 Lawyers of Color’s Second Annual Hot List, New York City Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Distinguished Lawyer Award(2013); HNBA Top Lawyers Under 40 Award (2013); 2012 Puerto Rican Bar Association Hispanic Heritage Month Leadership Award; nominated for Program Chair of the Year for DRI’s 2012 Diversity Conference; 40 Under 40 Rising Latino Star of the Year by The Hispanic Coalition of NY (2012); recognized as Latino American Who’s Who (2012); Fordham LALSA Andrew A. Rivera Alumni Achievement Award (2011);Puerto Rican Bar Association Young Lawyers Award (2010); and honored by El Diario La Presna as 2011 Mujeres Destacadas (Distinguished Women).
Ms. Márquez Morales is Co-Chair of the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusion, Chair of the Programs Sub-Committee and a member of the Youth Law Day Committee, House of Delegates and Minority Bar Leaders.
Ms. Márquez Morales is the Vice Chair of ASPIRA of New York, Inc.’s Board of Directors and serves on the Board of Directors of the New York Women’s Foundation. She is also a member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance and previously served as a Small Claims Arbitrator. She is listed in New York Metro Super Lawyers.
Ms. Márquez Morales has presented at numerous conferences and authored several articles, including:
- The Path to Partnership, The Real Deal, HNBA Region II, February 2015.
- Justice, Race and Police Force: Going Beyond Ferguson and Garner, NYSBA Annual Meeting, January 2015.
- LTC Litigation Boot Camp – Best Practices for Litigation Fundamentals: Plan of Action, Depositions, Pleads, Experts and Cross Examination, ACI’s 5th Annual Forum on Preventing and Defending Long Term Care Litigation, January 2015.
- Founding Committee Member of Defense Association of New York’s Diversity Initiative: Career Empowerment for Diverse Attorneys: Leadership, Mentorship and Rainmaking, Fall 2014, Recipient of 2015 New York Law Journal Award.
- “Is the Legal Profession More Inclusive? Progress Made, Yet More Needed,” Litigation Management, Fall 2014.
- “Understanding Your Legal Obligations Related to Electronic Data,” New York City Hispanic Chamber of Commerce IT Seminar, October 2014.
- “Honoring Our Legacy, Building Our Future Today,” Keynote Speaker, NYPD Hispanic Society, Dominican Officers Association, National Latino Officers Association, October 2014.
- “Effective Voir Dire,” DRI Young Lawyers’ Seminar, June 2014.
- “Who Bears the Diversity Burden,” Claims and Litigation Management Alliance Webinar, March 2014.
- “Effective Methods of Managing Electronic Discovery,” HNBA Corporate Counsel Section, Teleconference, March 2014.
- “How to Succeed as a Summer Associate/Summer Intern,” New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusion, March 2014.
- “Inside the Partner Track,” New York Law School, January 2014.
- “Yes You Can! Maximizing Your Benefits as a Woman and Diverse Attorney to Help Clients Solve Complex Litigation Problems,” DRI Annual Meeting, 2013.
- “Employee Privacy Rights: Blogging, Email, and Social Networking,” HNBA Midyear Corporate Counsel Conference, March 2013.
- “Today’s Leadership: Empowering Future Leaders” presented by the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, 2012 Leadership Forum.
- “Minority Law Student Conference” presented by the New York State Bar Association Committee on Diversity and Inclusion and Minority Bar Leaders, August 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- “Pathways to the Bench and Bar: Preparing Young Women to Join the Next Generation of Lawyers and Judges,” presented by the National Association of Women Judges, February 2012.
- “The Quest for Electronic Information: Practical Tips for Taking or Defending the Deposition of an IT Consultant,” DRI: The Whisper, Vol. 6 Issue 6 (June 25, 2010).
- “What Insurance Carriers Need to Know About the New Medicare Reporting Requirements,” Harris Beach Legal Alert, February 2009.
- “New York State Trial Court Dismisses Infant’s Mold Personal Injury Suit on the Basis of Absence of Causation,” Harris Beach Legal Alert, December 2009.
- “Winning with Cross-Examination: Effective Cross of Plaintiff’s Medical Expert,” For The Defense, October 2007. “Low Level Exposure and Changes in Lead Legislation,” For The Defense, April 2007.
- “Tips for Second Seating a Trial,” The Whisper, DRI: Young Lawyer Committee Newsletter, and “Strictly Speaking,” DRI: Product Liability Committee Newsletter, January 2007.
- “The New Lead Paint Law of New York,” Mealey's Lead Reporter, March 2006, and Mealey’s Lead Litigation Conference Handbook, December 2005.
Ms. Márquez Morales was co-founder of Mujeres, the first Latina-founded organization at Barnard College. She is a member of the Barnard Professional Business Women and a Barnard College Alumnae Association Representative.
2014 Leadership and Public Service Award, NYPD Hispanic Society, Dominican Bar Association, National Latino Officers Association of America
2014 Lawyers of Color's Second Annual Hot List
2013 New York City Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Distinguished Lawyer Award
2013 HNBA Top Lawyers Under 40
2012 40 Under 40 Rising Latino Star
2011 Fordham LALSA Andrew A. Rivera Alumni Achievement Award
2010 Puerto Rican Bar Association Young Lawyers Award
January 28, 2015, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm / Past Speaking Engagement
November 13, 2014, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm / Past Speaking Engagement
October 16, 2014, 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm / Past Seminar
October 15, 2014, 8:30 am - 11:30 am / Past Speaking Engagement
September 18, 2014, 10:15 am - 11:15 am / Past Speaking Engagement