Harris Beach clients are invited to participate in a one-day conference to discuss the most cutting-edge issues facing school districts, including the latest on special education.
8:00 a.m. | Registration and Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. | General Education Session
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | Lunch
12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. | Special Education Session
Attendees may choose to attend one or both sessions.
General Education Session:
- Collective Bargaining/Negotiations
- Back to Basics – Student Issues
- Avoiding pitfalls during the student discipline process
- Residency determinations
- Student information, confidentiality and protecting sensitive information
- Homebound instruction
- Construction Projects – financing issues, SEQRA issues, etc.
Special Education Session:
Everything You Need to Know About CSE Annual Review Meetings
- Who to invite
- Preparing draft IEPs
- Gathering necessary documents
- Assessing annual progress
- Developing present levels of performance
- Drafting measurable and individualized annual goals
- Identifying programs, services, and placement in the least restrictive setting
- Determining testing and classroom accommodations
- Extended school year decisions
- Compensatory education considerations
- Generating prior written notice letters
All programs will be recorded and available for on-demand download.