Jason will present at AILA’s Virtual Annual Conference on Friday, June 11 from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Jason’s topic, “Defining and Defending Bona Fide Marriages”, is described below:
The perceived validity of a marriage can make or break many cases, but providing good faith has become increasingly difficult. The experts on this intermediate panel will examine how marriage-related issues may arise before USCIS, DOS, and EOIR. They also will discuss the latest attempts to invalidate marriages and how to fight back in each procedural setting.
• Defining a Marriage and Bona Fide Relationship Under the INA
• Screening for Potential Issues Related to Marriages and Other Familial Relationships
• Proving Marriage and Divorce Validity Using Foreign Documents
• Representing Your Client in Interviews, Investigations, Home Visits, and Court
• Responding to Accusations of Marriage Fraud and Bigamy in the Context of Moral
• Social Media: Issues with Client Postings, Illegal Activity, and More