Raising money to fund and grow a cannabis or hemp venture is often one of the most challenging aspects of doing business in the cannabis industry. For many years, equity was pretty much the only option for raising capital. But now that the cannabis industry is more established and more debt providers have come online, the situation has changed and debt financing has become a dominant funding source for the industry.
Join Vincente Sederberg LLP on Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 11 a.m. MT // 1 p.m. ET for a live session featuring Charlie Alovisetti and Sahar Ayinehsazian of VS’s corporate team, commercial banker John Meyer of Valley Bank, and cannabis attorney FL Gorman of Harris Beach.
This virtual discussion will help you understand:
• The evolving role of debt financing in the cannabis industry
• Trends in debt financing terms, the bifurcation of the debt financing trends between MSOs and smaller operators, and common provisions to expect as a lender
• Debt financings related to real estate, such as sale-leasebacks and construction loans
• The providers of debt financing such as REITs, alternative credit providers, hard money lenders, and the emergence of Nasdaq-listed debt providers
• Cannabis regulatory considerations when structuring debt transactions, including state receivership provisions for license transfers