Energy Partner Michelle Piasecki will co-present, “RECs 101,” during an upcoming webinar presented by The Business Council of New York State, Inc. and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). The discussion will provide business leaders with basic information they need to know on how Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) work, and how participation in the RECs markets may benefit their business. A full description of the session is below:
Renewable Energy Credits, or RECS, are an important mechanism for financing renewable generation and transmission projects, are being used by non-energy companies to meet voluntary environmental commitments. RECs also play a role as a compliance tool as state and local governments adopt decarbonization mandates.
This webinar will focus on the statutory and regulatory basis for creating, trading and using RECs, as well as considerations for new participants in the RECs market.
We urge you to participate in this webinar if your business:
- wants to support the renewable energy market
- is constrained from installing solar panels or other renewable energy technology at your facility
- are committed to reducing your business’ carbon footprint
- are facing carbon emission reduction requirements
- Dave Crudele. Assistant Director, Large-Scale Renewables, NYSERDA
- Mark Gundrum, Program Manager, Large-Scale Renewables, NYSERDA
- Zachary Steinberg, Senior Vice President, REBNY