Webinar Series presented with Farm Credit East
One of the most pressing issues facing seasonal businesses continues to be labor – specifically how to secure reliable employees to fill seasonal and permanent needs. Advertising does not always work and if you are lucky enough to hire a U.S. worker, they may not stay more than a few days.
It is a myth that the only reason an employer would hire foreign workers is because it’s “cheap labor.” The reality is they cannot always find reliable U.S. options. In this webinar series, we will navigate through the complex maze of the H-2B non-agriculture and H-2A agricultural visa programs to provide an overview of visa requirements, procedures, compliance and employer obligations. We will also discuss foreign labor options to fill permanent labor needs at farms and seasonal businesses.
Our December 7th webinar will cover:
- PERM labor certification 101: navigating the permanent labor process
- Defining the job and requirements
- The prevailing wage process
- Advertising and recruitment requirements
- USCIS processing
- Maintaining your seasonal visa programs (H-2A/B) while navigating the PERM process
- Consular processing vs. adjustment of status
We will take questions in advance, which can be submitted when you register. The webinars will be recorded for those unable to attend live. If you are interested in receiving SHRM credit, please email Kathryn Charboneau at email@example.com.