Please join Harris Beach PLLC and The Bonadio Group for a four-part webinar series discussing the state of the cannabis industry in New York State. The first of our four-part webinar series will cover Business Organization, Structuring, and Set Up. Topics include:
- Pre-Operations Organization
- Executing Operating Agreements
- Tax Structuring
Speakers: Joining Harris Beach Senior Counsel Meaghan Feenan will be Jay Jerose, principal in Bonadio’s Small Business Advisory and Cannabis Industry practices, and Kristin Kowalski, partner in the Bonadio Tax Practice.
- Jay provides tax, accounting and consulting services to a variety of industries, including manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, professional service firms, and technology firms. Jay has specific focuses in passthrough taxation, federal and state excise taxes, start-up consulting, feasibility studies and projections/forecasting. Jay is a graduate of the University at Buffalo. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants and the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts.
- Kristin is a partner in the Bonadio Tax Practice. She serves a variety of tax clients, with a focus on corporations—including S corporations—as well as partnerships. Kristin has special expertise in a number of areas, such as the manufacturing industry, multinational companies, state and local tax, research and development credits, transaction planning and tax accounting. As a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Kristin is co-secretary of the Syracuse Chapter NextGen Committee. She is a member of the NYSSCPA Cannabis Committee. Kristin also is involved with the United Way of Central New York Young Leaders United group, which produces a number of volunteer, community outreach and leadership development events. Kristin holds a Master’s degree in taxation from the University of Denver, and a Bachelor’s degree in accounting from SUNY Binghamton.
September 19, 2023: Attracting Investors and Financing
- True Parties of Interest
- Attracting and Contacting Investors
- Negotiating and Executing Equity and Loan Agreements
- Considerations for Failed Deals
- Pros and Cons to Pre and Post Licensure Capitalization
- Avoiding Predatory Lenders
October 24, 2023: Operational Considerations
- Dispensary Site Requirements
- Real Estate Legal Structure Considerations
- Dispensary Operations
- Cybersecurity Considerations
December 5, 2023: Marketing and Employment Issues
- Branding, Advertising and Competition
- Concerns for Cultivators and Processors
- Labor and Employment
- Environmental and Social Equity Reporting