Thomas Garry, Long Island Office Managing Partner and Franklin H. Williams Judicial Commissioner, will moderate and present at, “Everything you Need to Know about Becoming a Judge,” a full-day seminar presented by the Franklin H. Williams Judicial Commission, and in partnership with the Latino Judges Association.
Topics covered: (6 CLE Credits available):
- Ensuring a Pipeline for Diversity in the Judiciary
- Securing the Nomination in Supreme Court
- Appointment Process for New York State Court of Claims and for Federal Magistrate Judges and District Court Judges
- Election Law Overview & Related Ethical Requirements and Rules
- Q&A Regarding Evaluation Processes
- Making the Ballot in Supreme, City, County, Town & Family Courts
About FHW: The Franklin H. Williams Judicial Commission seeks to promote equal access and full participation in the Court system by persons and communities of color in the judicial process and the legal profession.