Senior Counsel Jessica Molinares Kalpakis and Business Development & Marketing Manager Nina McCann from Harris Beach’s Long Island office recently presented at a Girls Inc. of Long Island career panel at Lawrence Road Middle School in Nassau County. They were joined on the panel by attorney Rosalia Baiamonte, who is also the current president of the Nassau County Bar Association.
Girls Inc. of Long Island is a non-profit organization that offers girls ages 5-18 across Nassau and Suffolk County research-based programming instruction delivered by trained professionals who focus on the development of the whole girl, supporting, mentoring, and guiding girls in an affirming, pro-girl environment.
Career panel topics included:
- What education and skill sets do you need to be in your field?
- How did you discover an interest in your field?
- What does your average day look like?
- If you could give your middle school self one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Tips about what it’s like to be a working woman