Matt is the co-leader of the firm’s Financial Institutions and Capital Markets Industry Group, providing his clients with two decades of experience in commercial real estate and lending. He represents both community-based and large national financial institutions in all facets of commercial lending. Matt also represents businesses in the purchase, sale and leasing of commercial properties. Matt routinely handles large multi-lender transactions that include traditional and non-traditional lenders across New York. He represents lenders on large construction projects, refinances, syndicated loans, lines of credit, issuance of letters of credits, participations, equipment financing and SWAP transactions.
Matt is one of a select few attorneys who has been certified by the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) as a designated closing counsel under the SBA’s 504 Loan Program. Matt represents one of the largest certified development companies in the entire nation and routinely closes SBA 7(a) and 504 loans across New York State for both lenders and borrowers.
Matt is the President of the Albany County Bar Association and was chosen as a Super Lawyer in banking law in 2021 by his peers.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS + SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Capital Region Partner Matt Barry Rallies Attorneys in Support of Ukraine
- Harris Beach Partner Mathew P. Barry Elected President of Albany County Bar Association
- 72 Attorneys from Harris Beach Recognized in 2021 Edition of Super Lawyers
- Paycheck Protection Program Lenders Face Lawsuits Over Lending Practices
- COVID-19 Challenges for Lenders