Marie is the Chief Knowledge Officer for Harris Beach. She is responsible for the firm’s research resources and leads the research team in providing legal and non-legal research to Harris Beach attorneys, staff and clients. She is responsible for the firm’s conflict services team in providing research and data analysis relating to new business and lateral hires to ensure that Harris Beach minimizes risk and identifies possible conflicts of interest with current and potential clients. Marie directs the firm’s continuing legal education services and accreditation.
Marie leads the firm’s COVID-19 Response team to ensure the safety and health of Harris Beach attorneys, staff and visitors. She is a member of the firm’s attorney training, hiring, and wellness committees.
Marie has more than 25 years of experience as an information professional. Prior to joining Harris Beach, she was a reference librarian at a Rochester law firm where she provided research services to legal and non-legal staff and managed the acquisitions of materials and interlibrary loan services. As a reference librarian at St. John Fisher College, she assisted faculty and students with research projects, taught library research classes and was responsible for the serials collection.
Professional and Community Activities
- Marie is actively involved in local community organizations. She serves on the Advisory Board of Girls on the Run of Greater Rochester. She has served as the secretary, co-chair and chair of the Board of Directors of GOTR of Greater Rochester.
- Marie is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Victor Farmington Library.
- She is the Chair of the Private Law Librarians & Information Professionals SIS Membership Committee of the American Association of Law Libraries.
- Marie wrote a regular column on legal research techniques and resources for Rochester’s legal newspaper The Daily Record for many years.
- She is a member of the American Association of Law Libraries, Association of Legal Administrators, and is a past-president of the Association of Law Libraries of Upstate New York.
Marie received her Bachelor of Arts in psychology and a MBA from St. John Fisher College and a Master of Library Science degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo.