Pamela is a trial attorney representing a diverse range of clients in complex litigation throughout New York and New Jersey. She concentrates in malpractice, product liability, general liability, mass torts and toxic tort litigation.
Pamela has represented health centers, radiology facilities, physicians, dentists, chiropractors, podiatrists, and allied health professionals in malpractice actions involving all areas of medicine. Her extensive experience in defending said clients is evident in each step of the litigation - understanding and building the necessary defense, taking and defending depositions, securing the essential experts, evaluating the liability, causation and damage issues, engaging in alternative dispute resolutions and taking the case to trial. This tenacity has translated to multiple summary judgment dismissals and defense verdicts.
Pamela has also served as national, local and trial counsel in all phases of complex litigation, representing manufacturers and distributors in state-coordinated and federal multi-district litigation involving medical devices and personal care products. She served as national coordinating counsel for several medical device companies involved in mass tort litigation arising out of the use of a pain pump to deliver medication to the shoulder, knee and ankle following arthroscopic surgery.
Pamela’s broad range experience in toxic tort litigation includes representing manufacturers in asbestos claims and defending claims brought by off-site workers after the World Trade Center terrorist attack of September 11, 2001. Pamela also has experience representing companies, corporations and landlords in premises liability litigation, including maintenance and security issues. Specifically, Pamela has represented elevator companies involving elevator/escalator accidents and maintenance, as well as representation of clients in premises liability and security issues, and is currently representing hospitals for premises liability issues including falls.
Pamela is a member of the Council on Inclusion and Diversity at Harris Beach, where she is active in developing programs and bringing insight to the firm’s mission to excel as a leading multicultural law firm that reflects and builds upon the growing diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS + SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Frequently to health care professionals on risk management issues, avoidance and defense of lawsuits, and current medical topics confronting practitioners.
- Has given continuing legal education seminars regarding defense litigation techniques.
- Panelist, “Race, Gender and Ethnicity – The Elephant (and Zebra) in the Courtroom; Defense Research Institute, Webinar, April 19, 2017
- Co-Author, Harris Beach Legal Alert, “New York Appellate Court Rules Records of Surgical Procedures Performed on Non-Parties are Discoverable in Medical Malpractice Action,” February 17, 2016
- Co-Chair, New York City Bar Association LGBT Pride Reception June 24, 2014
- Chairperson, “Marriage Equality – After the Supreme Court Ruling,” New York City Bar Association, October 28, 2013
- Chairperson, “Marriage Equality – The 2nd Anniversary: Updates on Case Law & Developments,” New York City Bar Association, June 7, 2013
- Chairperson, “Marriage Equality – The Paper Anniversary: Updates on Case Law,” New York City Bar Association, June 25, 2012
- Moderator, “Strategies for Breaking Through the Glass Ceiling,” Defense Research Institute, Chicago, IL, June 7, 2012
- Moderator, “Representing the Aging LGBT Populations: Issues in Housing & Health Care,” New York City Bar Association, April 25, 2012