Doreen Klein is an experienced litigator who has represented corporate clients in state and federal investigations involving allegations of securities fraud, tax fraud and environmental crimes, as well as alleged bribery and kickback schemes. She has conducted internal investigations in cases involving embezzlement, violations of internal processes and SEC disclosures. Doreen’s experience involves matters in state and federal court as well as international investigations, including as a member of the monitor’s team appointed by the New York State Department of Financial Services to review the compliance function of an international bank.
Prior to joining private practice, Doreen spent 15 years as a New York County Assistant District Attorney, where she investigated and prosecuted cases involving fraud in the sale of securities, fraudulent private placement, embezzlement and insurance kickbacks.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS + SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Co-author, “Privilege and Confidentiality,” in Global Investigations Review: The Guide to Monitorships (A.S. Barkow, N.M. Barofsky, T.J. Perrelli (eds.) 2019
- Co-author, “Fokker and Its Aftermath: The Irony and the Legacy,” Business Crimes Bulletin, Dec. 2015
- Co-author, “Witness Immunity: You Can’t Always Get What You Want,” Business Crimes Bulletin, Nov. 2011
- Co-author, “Grand Jury Subpoenas That Reach Around the World,” ABA Section of Litigation, Oct. 2011
- Co-Author, “The Dodd-Frank Whistleblower Program: Mutiny Over the Bounty,” ABA Criminal Litigation Newsletter, Winter 2011
- Co-author, “The Courts: Active Players in White-Collar Cases,” Business Crimes Bulletin, Nov. 2010
- Co-author, “SEC v. Bank of America: Back to the Drawing Board,” ABA Criminal Litigation Newsletter, Winter 2010
- Co-author, “New Use of Wiretaps in Insider Trading Cases,” Business Crimes Bulletin, Jan. 2010
- Co-author, “United States v. Textron: Can You Secure Work Product Protection Despite Third Party Disclosure?” ABA Criminal Litigation Newsletter, Summer 2009
- Co-author, “Selective Waiver: Can a Corporation Have its Cake and Eat it Too?” ABA Section of Litigation, Summer 2008
- Co-author, “The Unindicted Co-Conspirator: Vilification Without Vindication,” Business Crimes Bulletin, May 2008
- Co-author, “The Government’s Thumb Has Been Lifted From the Scales of Justice,” ABA Committee on Criminal Litigation, Winter 2008