Dan is an experienced litigator who concentrates in the areas of toxic tort, mass tort, and product liability litigation. He has been a member of national coordinating counsel teams defending manufacturers in complex claims of environmental and product liability and occupational injuries. He participates on national defense counsel committees and national expert steering committees in his representation of chemical manufacturers and distributors. Dan is at the forefront of emerging law stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic.
He also represents clients in premises liability and medical malpractice litigation in courts throughout New York and Connecticut. He has extensive experience in trial advocacy and pre-trial litigation, including motions to exclude experts, dispositive motion practice, and expert discovery, and has achieved merits dismissal for numerous clients. Dan is also an experienced negotiator who is adept at using alternative dispute resolution where resolution would serve the client’s interest.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS + SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- "Appellate Decision Permits COVID-19 "Take-Home" Suit to Proceed," Harris Beach Legal Alert, January 2022
- Council on Inclusion and Diversity panel discussion, presentation to Hofstra University law students, October 2021
- Facing the Risk of Personal Injury Claims from Covid-19, Harris Beach Podcast, March 2021
- Update: Summary Judgment Granted In Toxic Tort Matter Involving Bladder Cancer and Exposure to O-Toluidine, Harris Beach Legal Alert, March 2021
- How Should Your Business Defend COVID-19 Premises and Product Liability Suits? DRI Customer Connection: The Newsletter of the Retail and Hospitality Committee, July 2020