Our attorneys advise clients on many different types of debt transactions, such as commercial loans, convertible debt, public debt offerings, trust preferred securities, high-yield debt and mezzanine capital.
Because our firm has significant experience representing issuers, commercial banks, institutional investors, mezzanine lenders and private investors, we are familiar with the issues relevant to both lenders and borrowers.
- Represented the mortgage lending subsidiary of a publicly traded bank holding company in connection with its offer and sale of more than $200 million aggregate principal amount of its subordinated debentures in public offerings
- Represented a closely held company in connection with its private placement of $100 million principal amount of its senior secured notes
- Represented a power producer in a tender/exchange offer for over $100 million in convertible PIK Notes in which the holders tendered existing notes and approved a prepayment thereon and received replacement notes with a higher conversion rate
We also represent both commercial banking institutions and borrowers in connection with secured and unsecured corporate finance transactions, including participation and syndicated transactions.
- Represented a lead lender in a $125 million syndicated loan transaction
- Represented a borrower in a $650 million syndicated loan transaction
- Represented a borrower in a $510 million “covenant-lite” syndicated loan transaction
- Represented a lender in a $134 million senior debt transaction
- Represented a syndicate group of lending institutions in acquisition of bank-qualified tax-exempt bonds financing the construction of a student housing facility
- Represented an undergraduate liberal arts college in the issuance of tax-exempt multi-modal variable rate bonds
- Structured $70 million in New Markets Tax Credits financing
- Represented a developer in financing of several student housing complexes
- Represented various asset-based lenders