Our attorneys who practice in the area of Public-Private Partnerships work with clients to structure complex strategies for financing, managing and completing large-scale development projects. We have experience with municipal and infrastructure project finance, public authority finance, stadium finance, economic development, housing finance, student housing, project development and finance, government relations and privatization and securitization of public assets.
Harris Beach attorneys counsel underwriters, borrowers, developers, and trustees on tax-exempt and taxable bonds and disclosure issues in various areas, including economic development, housing, transportation, infrastructure, education, sports facilities, non-profit organizations, PILOT bonding, special assessment bonding, loan securitization, solid waste, water and wastewater. We help develop innovative legal structures for state and local bond issuers and investment bankers.
Our attorneys served on the boards of numerous government agencies, such as the Metropolitan Transportation Authority and New York Public Asset Fund, helping them develop deep perspective on financing government projects. Our experience includes financing and related project work for some of the largest infrastructure and economic development projects in New York over the past two decades, including:
- New stadiums for the New York Yankees and Mets
- New arena in downtown Brooklyn for the Brooklyn Nets
- Glen Cove waterfront development project
- Historic redevelopment of LaGuardia Airport’s Terminal B
- New $2 billion headquarters for Goldman Sachs near Ground Zero
- Wastewater treatment plant and related pumping stations to support a 1,200 unit housing development
- Public infrastructure improvements to support the construction of a new casino
- Reconstruction of service plazas across the New York State Thruway
- Construction of ADA-compliant subway stations for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority