Trusts and estates proceedings can heighten conflict and fuel disputes that may lead to litigation. Our attorneys represent both individuals and entities in contested probate, guardianship and other proceedings. With comprehensive experience in guiding clients through sensitive and volatile matters, we devise and execute strategies that align with key objectives and protect valuable family assets.
Our Services Include:
- Petitioning for the removal of estate fiduciaries
- Contesting the probate of a Will on the basis of undue influence, lack of due execution, lack of mental capacity and/or fraud
- Petitioning for reformation and construction of testamentary documents
- Preparing and litigating fiduciary accountings
- Defending fiduciaries from objections to probate, appointment and administration
- Engaging in discovery proceedings to recover or strike estate assets
- Providing guidance to estate fiduciaries on how best to administer an estate and/or trust
- Conducted seven-week trial on highly contested reverse discovery, discovery and probate proceedings.
- Successfully defeated motion for summary judgment seeking dismissal of objections to Will on basis of undue influence
- Appealed decision on charitable beneficiary’s ability to intervene in estate proceeding
- Represented familial beneficiaries in contest to appointment of executor involving a $13 million estate
- Defended executor and trustee in proceeding challenging administration of estate
- Represented charitable beneficiaries in proceeding to terminate and declare null and void a trust valued at $22 million